Activity #5 Pronunciation for B1 Students

Pronunciation Practice

Image by Dayana Mendez


 Instructions:

Practice the pronunciation of the following contrasting sounds by first listening to how the contrasting words are pronounced in the recording then go to Microsoft Word and read the sentences out loud checking pronunciation with the feature called dictate.

 



/i/ and /ɪ/

1.   He listened to the beat

He listened to the bit

 

2.    Jenny doesn’t like the feet

Jenny doesn’t like the fit

 

3.    It was its peak

It was its pick

 

4.    I don’t want it to leak

I don’t want it to lick

 

5.    I need to fill it

I need to feel it

 

6.    I bought the beans

I bought the bins

 

/æ/ and /ʌ/


7.    She cried because of the cat

She cried because of the cut

 

8.    There was always a bat

There was always a but

 

9.    He gave me his cap

He gave me his cup


10.  Add the batter to the pan

Add the butter to the pan

 

 Exercise created by teacher Dayana Mendez




Comments

  1. I like the picture indicating students where to practice in Microsoft Word.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment